Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Bees - I really need love.

The Bees make throwback 60's style americana so good that it's hard to believe they are from the UK. Or, rather, incredibly easy to believe, considering that the preponderance of bands they pay homage to probably came from the UK. Consider also the recent phenomenon (yes I said it, phenomenon) of Mumford & Sons. A UK band that sounds like they just hiked in from Appalachia with their banjo and floor tom strapped to their backs. Wait, do they have a banjo? They definitely have a floor tom. Or is it a bass drum? I digress. This band sounds good in my ears and they express a sentiment here that I think we can all agree with. I have included for your enjoyment a youtube video of a song off of their recent album "Every Step's a Yes". It will be videos for now, until I can figure out the best way to embed songs. Buy the album here - A Band of Bees - Every Step's a Yes (Amazon)

Oh yeah, they're called A Band of Bees in the US. Why? I don't know.

No comments: