Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The blog is dead. Long live the blog!

To my great surprise, the blog I created during my second year of medical school was still lurking in my blogger account. The title I came up with at that time, The Fretboard Review Series, which I'm sure at the time I thought was very clever, was a pun on a series of books aimed at the overburdened 2nd year medical student called "Board Review Series" or affectionately (or what have you) known as BRS. Granted, a small audience for a not terribly clever pun. Fortunately, blogger was prescient or providence was kind when it suggested the shortened form of Fretboard Review for my URL way back when I registered the blog. A much better name, I think. So here it is, my new blog, same as the old blog.

Anyway, the purpose of this is mostly just to get some practice at writing and to share some music and musings. A while back I read Outliers and the message that I took away was that expecting to be good at something by throwing little packets of time at it every few weeks, months, or years, getting frustrated, and giving up, doesn't work. How does one get to Carnegie hall? Practice, practice, practice. How does one become a good writer? You get the idea.

So I will write, and review some music, because I listen to music and I have opinions about it and hopefully that will provide some fodder. Let's see how this goes.

No comments: