Thursday, November 18, 2010

I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari.

Ah, Cee-lo. My brain had just recently stopped playing Crazy on repeat and along comes another nasal-toned ear worm that my brain will undoubtedly choose to loop ad infinitum until I'm reduced to shouting "DREIDEL DREIDEL DREIDEL I MADE YOU OUT OF CLAY!" in a vain attempt to drown out my internal soundtrack. Take a listen:

Fuck You - Cee-Lo by DJ Shylock

Ok, clearly very catchy, right? Now you may wonder, as I did, how Mr. Lo is going to get this gem played on the radio -- what with the blatant vulgarity and all. Bleeping? Maybe. It's not like he would compromise his artistic vision by changing his work to something more palatable to the FCC. Cee-lo, bowdlerize? No way!
Then this happened:

Cee Lo Green - Forget You (Clean) by MMMusic

Then this happened!



Yeah. The line "What would you know about Cee-lo? You're like 40. Yeah, Top 40, sweet cheeks" was just used. Remind me again why I should watch this show?

Fortunately a song this catchy is also just begging to be mashed up and remixed and the internet has not dissapointed. Here is nice little mashup by DJTOPCAT with The Four Tops' Same Old Song to get you started:

The Four Tops vs Cee-Lo Green-Same old F.U. you song-127bpm (master) by DJTOPCAT

Buy Cee Lo's album The Lady Killer now - Amazon

No comments: