Monday, February 27, 2012

RE:GENERATION



 Mark Ronson can basically do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm thrilled that Hyandai chose him to take part in their little musical experiment, RE:GENERATION. The idea, if you haven't heard, was to give five well known contemporary DJs a chance to put their own spin (I'm here all week!) on five different traditional musical styles, from Classical Symphony to New Orleans Jazz. It's a pretty neat idea and they got some big names to participate. Aside from Mark Ronson, they also got He of the Bass-drop, Skrillex, as well as Crystal Method, DJ Premier, and Pretty Lights. I have to admit that the only one I found to be particularly successful was the New Orleans Jazz remixed by Mark Ronson, but perhaps I'm not the target audience.

Check out the video below of A La Modeliste performed by Zigaboo Modeliste, Erykah Badu, Mos Def, Trombone Shorty, and members of The Dap Kings.



Also check out this remix of the same song by another favorite of mine, Bonobo:

RE:GENERATION music - A La Modeliste (Bonobo Remix)


The entire album is available to download for free on their website. Check it out here

No comments: